Frankfurters With Sauerkraut-Onion Topping
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large mild onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- Water as needed
- 8 frankfurters or knockwurst
Sauté onion and peppers in oil until tender but not browned. Add drained sauerkraut and a few tablespoons of water. Heat through.
Meanwhile, broil or grill frankfurters or knockwurst 3 to 4 inches from heat source, 3 minutes on each side or until frankfurters are brown; top with sauerkraut-onion mixture.