Sauerkraut and Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 teaspoons Dry Cocktail Sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 whole uncooked, skinless, boneless chicken breast (approximately 3/4 pound) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/3 cup julienned red peppers
- 1/3 cup julienned green peppers
- 1/3 cup julienned snow peas
- 1/3 cup julienned carrots
- 1 pound sauerkraut, well drained
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
Combine sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic in small bowl; set aside.
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken and sherry mixture. Sautee stirring continuously until cooked through. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon.
Add peppers, snow peas and carrots to skillet. Cook, stirring continuously about 3 minutes. Add sauerkraut and stir until heated through. Stir in cooked chicken and scallions and sautee 2 minutes more.
Sprinkle with cashews and serve immediately.
Calories 310; protein 22g; carbohydrate 18g; fat 17g; cholesterol 45mg; sodium 900mg